often i get caught up in the shaping of what is around me. the pressing down and pulling towards what i am certain is best for it to be.
- a future built before it’s time.
- talents i hold too close for use or treat like potatoes heated with this is hard to hold.
- dreams birthed in only as far as i can see.
- people i want in my life this way or that.
- my children’s turning out to be.
it can feel endless. this hard trying to bring all into being. this coming up with perfect design.
but god has not given me mold-it-shape-it-make-it-bring-it-to-life.
it is more of hold this for now. go this way. hold hands open . sometimes god takes misshapen trying from my hands and says rest. see what i have made for you.
“many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails.”
proverbs 19:21 (NIV)